Monday, November 3, 2014

2014 Update - 2

Now that my child is in 5th grade, I've begun to think about high school. High school is going to be a challenge for her, I know this and I'm preparing myself.

Last year, when her 4th grade year was so bad, I decided to look into a special school in the area that only has children attending that have learning differences. The place is stunning. No more than 5 kids per class. They frequently did things that would let them release some steam like do some jumping jacks or jog in place. The place was just heaven sent ... Until I saw the price tag. $16,000 per year. I almost had a heart attack. I can't afford that. I work part time now until I graduate in May. Even then, I'll be teaching and there is no way I can afford that (and life) on a teachers salary.

But still, I'm considering it. I feel like it's the place she needs to be. When she visited, they liked her a lot and offered to enroll her without having to jump on the waiting list (because apparently it's very long).

Did I mention that in her current 5th grade year there are 20 kids in her class?! In a private Catholic school?! I am OUTRAGED! Despite the fact that the teachers are accommodating her ... 20 kids per class in a private school?! What?

I am frustrated.

Will update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment