Sunday, November 25, 2012

An Update Is Due

I got an email from a mother who offered some wonderful advice. Only then did I realize that it had been a while I'd posted.

First ... Happy late Thankgiving.

Second ... I've given things the required time to run their course and have definitely seen results. In regards to her teachers not seeing a difference in her ... That's all in the past. Maybe it was too early on in the school year for her new teacher to learn her. Either way it goes, I sent my daughter to school for 2 days without her Focalin and her teacher definitely saw a difference, lol. During carpool, her teacher came to the car to put her in (which she never does because my daughter puts herself in), and told me that she did ok in the morning but in the afternoon, she was very wiggly and inattentive. She wasn't disruptive or anything bad, but she was just very fidgety.

Her appetite is ok. About the same as it has been. The mom I spoke to recently told me to try some Ensure so I purchased some earlier today. I think I want to try that in the mornings because she's not fond of breakfast. Because of that, I worry more about her not eating enough. However, with the holiday that just passed, my child pigged out in a way I'd never seen before.

Third ... Her frustration level is generally the same. When she hasn't had the Focalin, she is super irritable but she 'turns it off' fairly quickly.

Overall, I'm really happy with how things are going right now. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please let me know. I'm happy to hear anything from anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment